Tirumalagiri is a locality and a Mandal in the city of Secunderabad which falls under Secunderabad Revenue Division, and is a major suburb of Secunderabad, India. The name is an anglicization of Tirumalagiri. It is in the north of Hyderabad District.
Historically, Tirumalagiri, Bowenpally, and Marredpally were the three villages that made up Secunderabad. It contains various historically significant structures from the British era, including a medical college and an old British jail. At the Sir Ronald Ross Institute of Parasitology, Sir Ronald Ross, who discovered a treatment for malaria, worked nearby.
It was established in 1857 and is part of the Secunderabad Lok Sabha constituency and Cantonment Vidhan Sabha constituency.
This suburb is home to some reputable schools and colleges. Some notable schools are Delhi Public School, Sherwood Public School, New Ushodaya High School (Subhash Nagar), St. Andrews School, St. Josephs High School, Holy Family Girls High School, Kendriya Vidyalaya Gowtham Model School, and Army School R. K. Puram.
Tirumalagiri has many smaller residential townships, and adjacent suburbs like Karkhana and AOC centre are often considered part of it. In the past 15 years, this suburb has become an important residential area in the twin cities. Many colonies, townships, and apartments came up in this suburb. Closeby, a small lake known as the Hasmathpet lake supplies fresh fish to the city.
Here are some of the places you can visit in Tirumalagiri:
- Jude’s MY PIZZA HOUSE: This restaurant is known for its delicious pizzas and other Italian dishes.
- Makan Restaurant: This restaurant specializes in Mandi dishes and other classic Lebanese cuisine.
- C.S.I ALL SAINTS’ CHURCH, TIRUMALAGIRI: This 19th-century Christian church with ornate features was originally built for British military.
- Teng’s Kitchen: This restaurant serves a variety of Chinese and Thai dishes.
- GHUNGROO RESTURANT AND BANQUET HALL: This restaurant is known for its North Indian cuisine and banquet facilities.
If you are looking for a place to stay in Tirumalagiri, there are a number of hotels and guesthouses to choose from. Some of the popular options include:
- Hotel Minerva Grand: This hotel is located in the heart of Tirumalagiri and offers a variety of amenities, including a swimming pool, fitness center, and spa.
- Hotel Ashoka: This hotel is also located in the heart of Tirumalagiri and offers a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, and business center.
- Hotel Green Park: This hotel is located on the outskirts of Tirumalagiri and offers a more relaxed setting. It is also close to a number of attractions, including the Hasmathpet lake and the C.S.I ALL SAINTS’ CHURCH, TIRUMALAGIRI
No matter what you are looking for in a vacation, Tirumalagiri has something to offer. With its rich history, culture, and food, Tirumalagiri is a great place to visit and experience the best of India.