Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region is a special scheme provided by Human Resource Development(HRD) and University Grants Commission (UGC) to promote higher education to the people of NE Region.
For improving the gross enrolment ratio, providing higher education and encouraging children belongs to EWS (economically weaker section) of the North Eastern region. The University Grants Commission has launch Ishan Uday scholarship scheme for the students of NE Region.
- Objectives: The main objectives of the scholarship scheme is to provide higher studies, increase the GER, offer professional education in North Eastern Region. UGS will award ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships each year for degree, technical and professional courses.
- Organization Name: University Grants Commission
- Scholarship Name: Ishan Uday Scholarship for North Eastern Region
- Official Site: www.ugc.ac.in / https://scholarships.gov.in
- Eligibility Criteria for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021-22:
Also check Samaj Kaliyan Scholarship
|1.||Students with permanent resident of NE Region who have passed intermediate or equivalent examination from a recognized board, including CBSE, ICSE, NIOS.|
|2.||Who have secured admission in degree, technical and professional courses in recognized Universities / Colleges / Institutes.|
|3.||Only 1st year Undergraduate students are eligible for scholarship.|
|4.||For integrated degree programs the scholarship will be used for the entire course.|
|5.||For dual degree program the scholarship shall be used for the 1st degree only.|
|6.||The annual income of the parents or guardian of the candidates should not be more than 4.5 lakh Rupees.|
|7.||Transgender students are also eligible to apply.|
|8.||Candidates pursuing programs from Open Universities are not eligible to apply.|
|9.||Students who have already taking advantage of scholarship for UG course under any other scheme are not eligible for this scheme.|
|10.||Students who had taken admission through management quota are not eligible.|
|11.||Candidates whose parents or guardian annual income are more than 4.5 lakh rupees.|
Selection: The selection will be done on the basis of the marks in the intermediate or equivalent examination.
– Application Renewal: For the application renewal students must maintain prescribed attendance.
|General Degree Programs||Rs.5400/- per month|
|Technical and Professional courses||Rs. 7800/- per month|
– How to Apply Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scholarship:
The students who fulfill the eligibility criteria are requested to apply online through UGC official site www.ugc.ac.in or National Scholarship Portal https://scholarships.gov.in/
|Click Here to Apply Ishan Uday Scholarship|
|Click Here for More Details|