July 13, 2024
Maulana Azad National Scholarship/Fellowship (MANF) for Minority Students 2021-22

Maulana Azad National Scholarship/Fellowship (MANF) for Minority Students 2021-22

Maulana Azad National ScholarshipFellowship

Maulana Azad Scholarship or  fellowship help them to the basic requirements of the minorities communities students to continue their regular and full-time M.Phil. and Ph.D. programm only and equivalent degree in universities and scientific institutes in India.

  • Organization: Ministry of Minority Affairs
  • Fellowship Name: Maulana Azad National Fellowship 2021-22
  • Official Website: www.minorityaffairs.gov.in


–  Eligibility Maulana Azad Scholarship Criteria: 

A students has to fulfill the criteria to be an eligible for award of this national fellowship:-

Student must belong to the minority community.
Applicant should get an admission for regular and full-time M.Phil. or PhD course in any recognized University.
Student should not avail any other fellowship for the same courses.
To become an eligible for this award of Junior Research Fellowship / Senior Research Fellowship the University Grants Commission regulation would be applicable at pre-M.Phil. and pre-Ph.D. stage, including at least 50% score at PG level.
The family income of the students from all the sources should not exceed Rupees 2.5 Lakh PA for Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students.
Only M.Phil. and Ph.D.. courses are covered under this scheme.


–  MANF Scholarship Distribution:

  • Total 756 fellowships will be provided each year. If there is a non-availability of students, the fellowships will not availed during that year and will be carried forward to the next academic -year.
  • 30% of this fellowship shall be reserved for women candidates and the remaining 70% will be general. In case of non-availability of women students, the fellowship shall be given on to any male candidates of the same community.
  • If the numbers of students exceeded, University Grants Commission will select the students on the basis of marks obtained in their PG examination.
  • The reservation for the students of differently abled shall be made as per norms of UGC.


–  Duration: Five year fellowships for M.Phil. and Ph.D.

Course Name Duration JRF SRF
M.Phil. 2 (Two) years 2 (Two) years Nil
M.Phil. + Ph.D. 5 (Five) years 2 (Two) years Remaining 3 (Three) years


Also Check Minorities post matrix Scholarship:


 Communities: Minority communities including Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhists, Jain and parses.

–  Fellowship Rates:
Ministry of Minority Affairs has revised the rates of the fellowship amount under MANF Scheme (for students belonging to notified minority communities for pursuing M.Phil. and Ph.D.).

The revision of fellowship rates is based on the decision taken by UGC to bring parity with the rates of fellowship of Department of Science & Technology (DST), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi.

This revision is also in accordance with the scheme guideline of MANF which stipulates that the rates of fellowship for JRF and SRF will be at par with the UGC fellowships as amended from time to time.

– Implementing Agency:

University Grants Commission will notify the Maulana Azad National Fellowship Scheme by publishing the advertisement in the UGC portal website www.ugc.ac.in, news papers, internet, and other media.

– Scheme Implementation:

University Grants Commission will select the students for Maulana Azad National Fellowship in a transparent manner. In case the students exceeded the UGC will select the students on the basis of merit the marks obtained by the students in their PG.

In case of non-availability of eligible students in a particular States / UT the UGC will sanctioned the fellowship to the other States / UT.

The University Grants Commission shall disburse the amount to the students through APBS under DBT wherever feasible. The Commission will also issue a book which contain all the necessary details about the scheme.

– Monitoring:

The University Grants Commission will monitor the work of research being done by the candidates under UGC rules and regulations. The committee will send a quarterly report of physical and financial progress to the Ministry of Minority Affairs.

Students who cannot complete their M.Phil. course in 2 years or if the committee found them ineligible for Ph.D. course during the third year will be discontinued.


– How to Apply MANF:

University Grants Commission invites applications online for fellowship once in a year by publishing advertisement in the news paper, internet and other media.


Click Here to Apply Online Click Here to Know More
Join the discussion