The main objective of the Merit cum Means (MCM) based scholarship scheme is to give financial help to the bright students who are poor and also belongs to minority communities to pursue various courses under UG and PG.
- Department Name: Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Name: Merit Cum Means Based Scholarship 2021-22
- Website: www.minorityaffairs.gov.in
- No. of Scholarship:
Every year more than 20000 (Twenty Thousand) scholarships will be offered to the students who belongs to minority communities throughout India.
Also check Minorites Post Matrix:
– Eligibility Criteria Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2021-22:
- Financial assistance will be given to pursue degree and PG level technical courses and professional courses from a recognized institution. The allowances will be credited direct into the student’s account.
- 30% scholarship will be reserved for girls of each minority community in a state
- Students who get admission to a college to pursue technical courses/professional courses on the basis of a competitive exam will be eligible for the financial assistance and students who get admission without facing any competitive exam will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students must have 50% marks at higher secondary or graduation level. Selection will be done strictly on merit basis.
- Continuation of the scholarship assistance in subsequent years will depend on successful completion of the course during the preceding year.
- Candidate under this scholarship scheme will not avail any other stipend for pursuing the course.
- The annual income of the beneficiary or guardian of beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh from all sources.
- The state dept. will advertise the scheme every year by 31st March and receive the application through the concerned institutes.
- The application for release of fund from the state dept. must be received in the Ministry by 30th of September every year.
- The state dept. will maintain separate bank account relating to the funds received from the Ministry and they will be subjected to inspection by the officers of the Ministry or any other agency designated by the Ministry.
- The no. of scholarship has been fixed state-wise on the basis of minority population of the states and UTs. The list of such institutions will be made available by the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
– Applying Procedure:
Interested and eligible students should visit the national scholarship portal at www.scholarships.gov.in and apply online on or before the last date.
– Scholarship Renewal:
The scholarship award once given should be renewed the next following academic year.