Today we are going to give you a brief about Hyderabad City, the capital city of Telangana (formerly known as Andhra Pradesh), India.
There are many things that one should know about the “City of Nizams”, also known as the “City of Pearls”. It is a wonderful place to live in when compared to some of the other metropolitan cities of India like Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru(Bangalore), and Chennai. It is the fourth most populous city in India.
The is now a hub of Information Technology (IT, ITES, BPO, KPO) and biotechnology. The city is an incredible mixture of traditions and modernity.
Hyderabad is known for its rich history, culture, cuisine, and architecture representing its unique character as a meeting point for North and South India, both geographically and culturally.
Hyderabad has become the most well-liked conference venue in India also as in Asia, with several conferences and conferences going down within the city.
1. Hyderabad History:
Founded by Sulthan Mohammed Quli Qutub Shah the 5th Nizam of the Qutub Shahi dynasty in 1590 A.D. It has a diversified culture, the World sees it as a blend of unique cultures with a touch of modern lifestyle.
We the Hyderabadi people are very friendly and hospitable. You can find people speaking in our local Hyderabadi language which is a mixture of Urdu, Telugu, and Hindi.
There is more to know about Hyderabad’s past being heard and told by the people here. If you think of visiting the city then you are at the right place to make your visit successful, know about the city in detail and start exploring now!
2. Hyderabad Weather/ Hyderabad Climate:
Well, the climate is very pleasant here. People from various parts of the country find it comfortable to adjust to the Weather conditions in Hyderabad.
The Weather temperature ranges from 10°C to 48°C in various climatic conditions in the city limits.
Sometimes people living here experience severe cold and sometimes the weather becomes too hot to handle. The temperature varies from place to place in the city in different localities.
3. Hyderabad Tourism:
Hyderabad Tourism is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the World.
People from all over the globe visit here to enjoy the 400 years old Heritage Monuments, World Famous Architectures, Stunning Landscapes, Lakes, Amusement, Water and National Parks, Museums, World’s Largest Film Studio Lake, Resorts and much more.
The State capital has ranked as the second best place in the world to see in the year 2015 which was published in “Traveler Magazine” – an annual guide of National Geographic Channel.
If you are planning to visit Hyderabad then you should plan it BIG, as one cannot get the complete view of the city of Nizams in a day or two. We have various places that you can visit with Family and Friends.
We have some of the beautiful architecture of the country, Fort and Palaces build 400 years ago are still attracting tourists from around the globe.
4. Hyderabad Map/Localities:
Hyderabad is the capital city of two Indian states Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
The was once popularly known as “Twin Cities” as we have Hyderabad and Secunderabad but now it’s larger as we got Cyberabad included in the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Commission area and now it is being called as “Tri-Cities” Hyderabad-Secunderabad-Cyberabad.
It is situated in a hilly area with artificial lakes around. It is surrounded by outer ring road covering almost the complete city just like a ring on the finger.
With Hussain Sagar Lake in the center of it with the World’s tallest statue of Gautam Buddha present in the center of the lake.
5. Hyderabad Travel Tips:
Have a plan to travel to Hyderabad. Then definitely you gonna have some wonderful moments which you can remember for lifetime.
Hyderabad can’t be explored in a day or two, it takes at least 3-4 days to enjoy the amazing places in the city.
Some of the tips to remember:
- Get in touching with someone you know in Hyderabad well help you in exploring the city in better way.
- Make a plan for at least 3-4 days.
- Don’t miss the World famous monument Charminar, Along with that visit popular Palaces, Lakes, Museums and Tombs in the city.
- Food is one of the best part of city, we have World’s favourite Biryani which you must try.
- Try other south indian dishes like Idly, Vada & Sambhar.
- If you are visiting during the month of Ramadan then you can have try some of the best Daleem (Harees) in the World right here.
- And bangles shopping in Lad Bazaar, near Charminar is one you should not ignore.
- Visiting by Bus or Train will help you directly enter into the city, as Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is approx 30 Kms from the city which takes you at least 40 mins to reach the city.
6. Hotels/Restaurants in Hyderabad:
We have World Class 5 start hotels in Hyderabad. Hotels like Novotel, Taj Falaknuma, Marriot, The Park, Park Hyatt, Radisson Blu, The Manohar, Ellaa Hotel, Hyatt Hyderabad, Avasa, Marigold, Taj Banjara, Vivanta by Taj, Taj Deccan, Sherton Hyderabad, Taj Krishna, Trident and The Westin are some of the top 5 Star hotels in Hyderabad.
7. Resorts in Hyderabad:
We have some of the best resorts in Hyderabad. Leonia Resorts, Summer Green Resorts, Dhola ri Dhani, Alankrita Resorts, Rainbow Resorts, Celebrity Resorts, Minerva Resorts, Pavani Resorts, Brindavan Resorts, HoneyBug Resorts, Papyrus Resorts etc.
8. Places to visit in Hyderabad:
Well as we already mentioned, the city ranked 2nd in the best places to see in the year 2015 by the “Traveler Magazine” by National Geographic.
Here is the List Of Places you can Visit In Hyderabad:
Famous Places in Hyderabad
- Golconda Fort ,
- Chowmahalla Palace,
- Mecca Masjid,
- Qutb Shahi Tombs,
- Birla Mandir,
- Paigah Tombs,
- Jamia Masjid Hyderabad,
- Secunderabad Clock Tower
Lakes in Hyderabad:
- Hussain Sagar,
- Durgam Cheruvu,
- Himayat Sagar Lake,
- Shamirpet Lake,
- Mir Alam Tank,
- Lotus Pond,
- Safilguda Lake,
State and National Parks in Hyderabad:
- Wonderla Amusement Park
- Ocean Park,
- Indira Park,
- Escape Water Park,
- Deccan Park,
- Snow World,
- NTR Gardens,
- Lumbini Park,
- Jalavihar WaterPark
- Sanjeevaiah Park,
- Dino World Dinosaur Park
- Nehru Zoological Park,
- Kasu Brahmanandha Reddy National Park,
- KBR National Park,
- Mrugavani National Park
Museums in Hyderabad:
- Salar Jung Museum,
- The Nizam’s Museum,
- Sudha Car Museum,
- Telangana State Archaeology Museum,
- State Gallery of Art,
- Nehru Centenary Tribal Museum
9. Jobs in Hyderabad:
Every other day there are 1000s of job opportunities coming in for both Freshers and Experienced in various fields like Information Technology, Accounts & Finance, Sales and Marketing, Construction, Skilled Labour, etc.
People from various parts of the country look for job opportunities to join here. We also have many people from different parts of the world to learn new technologies, implement their ideas, setup their start-up etc.
As per the directions of our IT Minister Mr. K.T. Rama Rao, The Government of Telangana has started an initiative called T-HUB which is platform for innovative start-ups, creative thoughts and creative minds.
It is also serving as a platform for freshers and experience to implement their thoughts and do something which can help the industry.
10. Offices in Hyderabad:
We have some of the world’s top companies here. Companies like Google, Amazon, IBM, Microsoft, Apple, Bank of America, HSBC, TCS, Infosys, ADP, Sonata Software, Capgemini, Oracle, Cisco, Franklin Templeton, Accenture, AMD, Broadcom, Broadridge, Convergys, Dell, Facebook, GE, Genpact, HCL, HP, Mindtree, nVIDIA, PurpleTalk, Qualcomm, Sitel, Tech Mahindra, Value Labs, Verizon, Wells Fargo, Yahoo, Zensar, Thomson Reuters, Teradata, Open Text and many more.
11. Accommodation in Hyderabad:
If you are planning to get settled or spend time in city then you are in the right direction. Accommodation in Hyderabad is quite economical and best compared to other metropolitan cities of India.
Staying in hostels, taking a house for rent, being in a PG, buying a flat or house is quite easier here.
May it be a gated community or a colony you can get the accommodation easily.
12. Famous Personalities from Hyderabad:
When coming about famous personalities Hyderabad has a quite big list of it. May it be Sports Personalities, Bollywood Celebrities, Musicians, Theater Artists, Politicians, Social Workers, Educationalist, Diplomats, Literature, Media & Television, Business etc.
Some of the names are mentioned below:
- Mohammed Azharuddin (Former Indian Captain)
- V.V.S Laxman (Former Cricketer)
- Noel David (Former Cricketer),
- C. K. Nayudu (first captain of the Indian test cricket team)
- Mithali Raj (Indian Woman Cricket Team Captain)
- Pragyan Ojha (Cricketer)
- Ambati Rayudu (Cricketer)
- Mohammed Siraj (Cricketer)
- Sania Mirza (Tennis Player)
- Saina Nehwal (Badminton Player)
- P.V. Sindhu (Badminton Player)
- Pullela Gopichand (All England badminton Winner; Coach of Indian Badminton Team)
- Jwala Gutta (Badminton Player)
- Parupalli Kashyap (Olympian, Won Gold Medal at 2014 Commonwealth Games)
- Ashwini Ponnappa (Badminton Player)
- Mithali Raj (Indian Woman Cricket Team Captain)
- Mir Mohtesham Ali Khan (Mr. World 2007 – silver)
- Rohit Khandelwal (Mr. World 2016)
- Asaduddin Owaisi (MP, President of AIMIM)
- Akbaruddin Owaisi (MLA, Present MLA and Managing Director of Owaisi Hospital)
- Sultan Salahuddin Owaisi (Former MLA and President of AIMIM)
- Mohammed Ali Shabbir (Leader of Opposition)
- Zakir Husain (Former President of India)
- Shantanu Narayen (CEO and President of Adobe Systems)
- Satya Nadella (CEO OF Microsoft Corporation)
- Prem Watsa (CEO of Fairfax Financial Holdings)
- Mohammed Vizarat Rasool Khan (Chairman of Shadan Group of Educational Institutions)
- Nawab Mehboob Alam Khan (Director of Anwar Ul Uloom, Educational Society)
- Harsha Bhogle (Cricket Commentator & Journalist)
- Shyam Bengal (Director & Screenwriter)
- Ajit aka Hamid Ali Khan (Actor, Writer and Director)
- Vivek Oberoi (Actor)
- Tabu (Actress)
- Aditi Rao Hydari (Actress)
- Sushmita Sen (Actress – Miss Universe 1994)
- Kabir Khan (Film Director)
- Razzak Khan (Actor & Comedian)
- Ali Asgar (Actor & Comedian)
- Dia Mirza (Model and Actress, Miss Asia-Pacific 2000)
- Adnan Sajid Khan (Actor)
- Aziz Nasser (Actor)
- Mast Ali (Actor)
- Farukh Khan (Actor)
- Rana Dugabbati (Actor)
- Talat Aziz (Gazal Singer)
- Vedala Hemachandra (Singer)
- Azhar Maqsusi,
- Mohammed Aziz
13. Language in Hyderabad:
Telugu, Urdu and Hindi are the most commonly used languages here. Urdu spoken here is unique in its own way, its a mixture of Hindi, Telugu and Urdu called as “Hyderabadi or Deccani”.
Apart from these you can also find people speaking in various other languages like Marathi, Kannada, Tamil etc. English is widely used for official and business purposes.
Some people consider Hyderabadi Language funnier, and this is one of the reason that now we have our own movies in Hyderabadi Language apart from the Telugu movie industry widely known as Tollywood.