The Ministry of Tribal Affairs announced the Scholarship Scheme for Scheduled Tribe students. This scheme has been introduced with an objective to encourage financially week students studying in classes IX and X and promote the educational interests with special care in the weaker sections of the society.
The primary objective of this scheme is to encourage parents of the Scheduled Tribe students to educate their wards for secondary education so that the incidence of school drop-outs in these stages is reduced.
To increase the –participation of scheduled tribe students from the elementary to secondary stage of education, so that they can do better and have a better future in the post-matric education stage.
Financial aid provided under this scholarship scheme will be made available for the students pursuing education in Indian schools or institutions. The grant will be awarded by the respective Government of Union Territory/State to which the candidate belongs or whichever state they are domiciled in.
The benefits under post matric scholarship for SC students under centrally sponsored scheme shall be released directly to the bank account of the beneficiary students from the academic year 2021-22 onwards through national scholarship portal (NSP).
All eligible SC students throughout the state have to register application online for the academic year 2021-22 for availing post matric scholarship through NSP www.scholarships.gov.in and upload requisite documents within the stipulated time.
- Organization: SC Welfare Department
- Scholarship Name: Tripura Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
- Website: http://scw.tripura.gov.in
- Address: SC Welfare Department, Government of Tripura, Gorkhabasti, Agartala.
Also check Inspire Scholarship:
– Eligibility Criteria Tripura Scholarship:
- The Candidate must be an Indian resident.
- The student must belong to Scheduled Tribe community only.
- The annual income of applicant’s parent/guardian should not be more than 2.5 lakh per annum (Inclusive of all resources).
- The candidate shall not be receiver of any other Pre-matric scholarship or financial grant funded by the Central Government.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to be a regular of full time attendant in their respective schools.
- The student shall be enrolled in a school recognized by the State Board of Secondary Education/Central or Govt. Board recognized school or any Government schools.
- The grant provided under this scholarship will be made available for one year only. If the student fails to pass a class, or under any circumstances have to repeat a class, they will not be granted the same scholarship for the subsequent year.
Under this scheme, the financial grant will be provided to students for a period of 10 months.
An additional allowance will also be provided for differently abled students studying in class IX and X. Rates of scholarship grants will be as follows:
|Allowances for Differently Abled Students studying in Non-Government/Private un-aided schools||Amount in Rs. (Per Month)|
|Reader allowance for Blind Students||160|
|Transport allowance for Disable students||160|
|Monthly escort allowances for students with extreme disability||160|
|Helper allowance to orthopedically handicapped students who need a helper||160|
|Coaching Allowance for mentally ill students||240|
All students who are eligible under this scheme and fulfill all criteria will be awarded scholarships as detailed in the scheme. Candidates who are domiciled in one state and are studying in another state, will be granted scholarship by the state they are belong to, and so they will be required to submit their applications to the concerned authority of in that state.
Disbursal of Scholarship:
To ensure correct and timely payment of grant amount to the beneficiaries, the State Government will disburse the amounts through their accounts in banks. The scholarship amount will be payable from the month of admission in the school, and will be paid from the following month to the period to 10 months.
In case, the applicant leaves the institution or otherwise discontinues the studies or accept any other regular scholarship/stipend the fact will be immediately reported to the concerned authority and the scholarship payment to the applicant will also be discontinued.
A duly filled application form must be attached with the following documents:
- A copy of passport size photograph signed by the candidate (for fresh application).
- An original certificate of ST category duly signed and attested by an authorized revenue officer.
- An Income declaration certificate of parent or guardian, stating the overall annual income from all resources.
- Previous year mark sheet and passing certificate.
|Click Here to Apply Tripura Scholarship|
|Click Here for More Details|